My eBook, How To Immigrate To Canada For Skilled Workers: The Authoritative Guide To Federal And Provincial Opportunities is available now on Amazon and other online retailers. Get your copy of the essential guide to Skilled Worker class applications today!

For Kindle
For iPad/iPhone
For Nook
For Kobo
For Sony eReader

Also available is my new eBook, "How To Immigrate To Canada In The Family Class: The Authoritative Guide Including Québec And Super Visa Opportunities". Get it at Amazon or the other e-retailers noted above.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Update - Passport requested!

Unbelievable. I have become used to the glacial pace of this immigration process, so I wasn't expecting much when I sent of the final installment of my materials to our lawyer in Toronto: the current medical and police records checks required. You know, everything takes time, right? But I guess when prayers are answered, they are answered and less than two weeks after I sent the materials, Buffalo requested my passport and new photos for my visa. MY VISA!!! I'm stupefied. But happy.

Now I had the issue of finding a place to do Canadian visa photos quickly. Sure enough, I found a resource through Google and I wanted to share it with all of you: Immigration.ca. This site, created by immigration lawyer Colin R. Singer has a discussion group (which I used) where I found just what I was looking for. In the US, Walgreens can create your visa photos - and they are only $10.

So I'm on cloud nine tonight. God is good. It's almost time to change the header here. "Will I make it home to Toronto?" It looks like I will after over four long years!

No comments:

Post a Comment