My eBook, How To Immigrate To Canada For Skilled Workers: The Authoritative Guide To Federal And Provincial Opportunities is available now on Amazon and other online retailers. Get your copy of the essential guide to Skilled Worker class applications today!

For Kindle
For iPad/iPhone
For Nook
For Kobo
For Sony eReader

Also available is my new eBook, "How To Immigrate To Canada In The Family Class: The Authoritative Guide Including Québec And Super Visa Opportunities". Get it at Amazon or the other e-retailers noted above.

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Immigrant services across Toronto take a hit


Funding for immigrant settlement services are taking a hit this year. Read The Star article on the subject here

1 comment:

  1. Hi.

    I hope you remember me. I contacted you in LoonLounge. I've been posting resumes online to see if any employer can hire me. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten any yet. I also contacted an immigration lawyer in Quebec. I sent my resume in their website, and he said that I would be a candidate to go to Quebec, but on the grounds that he will represent me, and that I have to learn French first.

    HELP! I don't know the first thing to do to actually get a work permit or anything to get me to Canada. I kind of prefer to locate in Alberta as my boyfriend is there, but I don't really need to be picky at this point, as long as I can be in Canada.

    My only fear is that I don't have any experience working as a nurse even though I'm already a Registered Nurse here in the Philippines. There have been thousands of nurses and very few hospitals and I was not able to land a job. But I already have my degree and of course, I'm already an RN here.

    Is it possible for me to get a job in Canada that would require my nursing skills even if I don't have work experience? I've heard from friends that there are a lot of caregivers and health aides job positions there. I hope so!

    Also, I live in Cebu City, Philippines. I don't live in the capital, which is Manila. So, I don't know if there is a Canadian embassy here in Cebu.

    Please do help me on what to do FIRST. Like, what are my requirements.

    Thanks so much. Hope to hear from you.

    -Carmel

    ReplyDelete