My eBook, How To Immigrate To Canada For Skilled Workers: The Authoritative Guide To Federal And Provincial Opportunities is available now on Amazon and other online retailers. Get your copy of the essential guide to Skilled Worker class applications today!

For Kindle
For iPad/iPhone
For Nook
For Kobo
For Sony eReader

Also available is my new eBook, "How To Immigrate To Canada In The Family Class: The Authoritative Guide Including Québec And Super Visa Opportunities". Get it at Amazon or the other e-retailers noted above.

Monday, March 20, 2006

So far away

Fortune does twist and turn. Here I am, close to what I thought was the date I would reapply and do my best to come back home, when things have changed again. Since I am going at this alone, then I can only hope of sucessfully applying if I come in under the skilled worker class. The big hurdle I have is the $10,000 barrier - in order to apply, you have to show you have this amount of cash saved for your move to Canada in order to sustain yourself as you seek work initially (assuming you don't come in with a job offer, which in my case, I wont). I spent that kind of money on the Family Class application...it's not in the bank right now. On top of that, lawyer fees (another couple thousand dollars), application fees, doctor reports, and on and on...Right now the resources to continue this journey are very far away.

I've been feeling down about all of this lately. Feeling very alone in this for the first time. The easy path would be to stop and say the dream of this new life died with our love. Just cast off my little boat of memories and let it drift away. I don't know if I can do that. My resolve will be tested, as I am working to save and thinking of ways to raise the money I need. I'll keep you posted as to how that goes.

Tonight, it's a sad journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment