My eBook, How To Immigrate To Canada For Skilled Workers: The Authoritative Guide To Federal And Provincial Opportunities is available now on Amazon and other online retailers. Get your copy of the essential guide to Skilled Worker class applications today!

For Kindle
For iPad/iPhone
For Nook
For Kobo
For Sony eReader

Also available is my new eBook, "How To Immigrate To Canada In The Family Class: The Authoritative Guide Including Québec And Super Visa Opportunities". Get it at Amazon or the other e-retailers noted above.

Monday, November 06, 2017

Notice to Appear - My invitation to become a citizen is here

I never dreamed of becoming a Canadian citizen until I met my love and realized I had a choice to make not only about how I lived my life and with who, but also where I lived my life. I've always been able to find a home wherever I laid my head. But after I fell in love with her, I quickly fell in love with the place that fundamentally formed who she was - Canada. And from that moment, I dreamed of making a home there and living the rest of my life there, not as a visitor, but as a citizen. That dream had its beginning back nearly 15 years ago.

And now it is coming true.

Today I received my Notice to Appear to take the oath of citizenship for the country that has been so generous to open their door to me. I can't begin to describe how I feel about becoming a Canadian. Just the thought of answering that question - "Are you Canadian?" "Yes, I am." blows my mind.

Citizenship means so much to me and I am so grateful for the opportunity to participate fully in the life of my new country after 6 years of permanent residence. It is the final step in this journey I have been on and writing to you, dear readers, about since 2005 - 12 long, eventful years.

I haven't thought of where this blog goes from here? Maybe I leave it here to inspire others. Maybe it's time for it to go away? Maybe it's time to explore a different part of the Canadian experience? I don't really know yet.

I am grateful I have been able to share this adventure with so many of you from all around the world - over 100K page views to date. I hope you've been inspired and I hope I've passed on something of value to you.

Thank you for reading. This isn't goodbye, but I see the final shore now, and it's all I could hope for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment