My eBook, How To Immigrate To Canada For Skilled Workers: The Authoritative Guide To Federal And Provincial Opportunities is available now on Amazon and other online retailers. Get your copy of the essential guide to Skilled Worker class applications today!

For Kindle
For iPad/iPhone
For Nook
For Kobo
For Sony eReader

Also available is my new eBook, "How To Immigrate To Canada In The Family Class: The Authoritative Guide Including Québec And Super Visa Opportunities". Get it at Amazon or the other e-retailers noted above.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Eyes open

Summer hasn't quite begun here in Toronto, but some dog-days are coming. Humidex values in the next few days are going to be in the 40's, and that's some dangerous levels of heat. While I didn't get the Canadian winter I was expecting this year, clearly the summer plans to show up - ahead of schedule actually.

Toronto is beautiful right now. I look out over the city from my home and amid the construction cranes and scaffolding, trees are full and green and fountains are bubbling. Young women walk briskly, no longer constricted by the weight of parkas and snow boots; replaced instead by chiffons and skirts and mysterious bug-eyed sunglasses. The Bay Street hedge fund boys try not to sweat too much in their prerequisite suits, on their way to master the universe. The haze over Lake Ontario leaves a ragged blur on the horizon more like a low mountain range than a great lake.

These sights and sounds and weather are not all new to me, save in that they are now a daily part of my life, not something I visit and leave for something more familiar. Back in Seattle, the report is of a rainy springtime that has yet to really end. I'm used to that. I'm sure in a few years I wont notice this much either - but I hope I always do - that I don't become immune to my new home.

As an immigrant, your eyes tend to be open a little wider to the world around you. I don't think that's a bad thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment