My eBook, How To Immigrate To Canada For Skilled Workers: The Authoritative Guide To Federal And Provincial Opportunities is available now on Amazon and other online retailers. Get your copy of the essential guide to Skilled Worker class applications today!

For Kindle
For iPad/iPhone
For Nook
For Kobo
For Sony eReader

Also available is my new eBook, "How To Immigrate To Canada In The Family Class: The Authoritative Guide Including Québec And Super Visa Opportunities". Get it at Amazon or the other e-retailers noted above.

Monday, November 19, 2007

Part of the solution - some sites providing immigrant resources

I was thinking the other day that sometimes I tend to rant a little on this here blog about how difficult it is for immigrants to find out what they need to know to make a successful transition into Canadian life. I guess no one (except, sometimes, the government) ever promised us a rose garden...

Then I thought, you know, J - you can use this here blog to gather some of those resources and help people who may not have stumbled onto them yet. So, in that spirit, I'll try and be better about posting the sites that I find here on The Mind.

My caveat will be that what I post may be a bit Ontario/Toronto-centric - but why that is should be obvious!

Here we go - I hope these are of assistance to you.

Settlement.org - a cool site for those of us heading for Ontario, full of helpful information on getting oriented. Employment, education, housing, health and more are covered.

World Education Services - need your education credentials verified? This firm has been awarded the contract to do just that for Ontario.

Access to Professions and Trades - this portal will help you understand the often complicated and difficult road trained professionals in other countries must follow in order to put their hard-earned professional skills to work in Canada. Try not to get irritated...

Directory of immigration resources - The BC government has put together this resource guide - very complete and helpful! Way to go BC!

Immigration resources - A nifty little set of links (BC oriented) for those starting their journey.

One Stop Canada - this site claims to either have it all, or have it linked! Too exhaustive to even dent, this one will keep you busy and get you informed.

Please let me know if these sorts of posts help you!

No comments:

Post a Comment