My eBook, How To Immigrate To Canada For Skilled Workers: The Authoritative Guide To Federal And Provincial Opportunities is available now on Amazon and other online retailers. Get your copy of the essential guide to Skilled Worker class applications today!

For Kindle
For iPad/iPhone
For Nook
For Kobo
For Sony eReader

Also available is my new eBook, "How To Immigrate To Canada In The Family Class: The Authoritative Guide Including Québec And Super Visa Opportunities". Get it at Amazon or the other e-retailers noted above.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

Condo go Boom!

Ever since I started making plans to come to Canada, there has been a condo building boom going on in Toronto. I haven't known the city I love without construction cranes. My ex told me you had to be careful in buying into new construction - there wasn't enough labor to build them half the time and occupancy that should occur in a couple years would drag on to 3, 4...or never at all as the developer went insovent and took your deposit with him to Cuba. Scary.

Now that I have a little time on my hands, I'm sort of glad for all the activity of this frenzied market. From what I can tell, there's a lot of speculation in the market and a lot of overbuilding. Sure, all of us new Torontonians are going to need housing, but come on - not at $500K a pop. Not when we're (stereotype) driving taxis while you consider our credientials!

But good old basic economics tells us is that where there is supply in excess of demand; prices drop.

So come on housing bubble - BURST! But not until I'm ready to come to town.

If you're looking for a place, check out the MLS for Toronto Central. I have my own preloaded for a nice price pocket. You also might want to check out the hilarious Brad Lamb (masterful self-promoter and "King of the Lofts"). His team are actually some pretty cool people (personal experience).

Though...when I think of it...I just might rent.

2 comments: